05 July 2007

Card Equals Cool

Right after sitting down at my desk today, I found out I would be leaving for a client meeting within two minutes. I only had time to grab a pad of paper and a pen.

Once at the meeting, I realized quickly that I wished I'd had a copy of the potential project requirements and a few previous notes. I learned today that worse than missing my notes was the fact that I had forgotten to take my business cards.

As the six of us met and shook hands, everybody else started handing out "their identities." Feeling like the poor schmuck at the country club or the person who showed up with no pants, I sort of just stood there and had visions of people sipping champagne and heartily chortling at a story told by a woman named Muffy Jane and I wondered, "Who would have thought that a 2" x 3.5" piece of cardstock wielded so much confidence or had such an ability to shatter self esteem?"

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, I always forget to bring my business cards with me! And oh, i know the shame and embarrassment that forgetting them brings all to well. I feel your pain!

Forro said...

I too always forget my cards, but I just make up some lie about how I already handed my last card out. Part of me hopes that people will then think that I'm so popular that everyone wants my cards, making it difficult for me to meet that demand. In reality I'm just irresponsible and forgetful.

Anonymous said...

You are so cute you don't need a business card - your blog entries are hilarious!