06 September 2007

What Part of "No Parking" Don't You Understand?

Our current residence imposes quite the premium on parking. We have one covered, reserved space and Ben graciously lets me park in it every day. Due to narrow spaces in the parking lot of our condo complex, numerous No Parking signs dot the area warning things like “Fire Zone” and “Towing Strictly Enforced.” I have yet to see any car towed for any parking violation. Violations are abundant; enforcements are non-existent. I blame the HOA for being such towing sissies and not pulling out the brass knuckles to take care of business. People think they can make any open space their exclusive parking spot. It’s not like the Albertson’s parking lot the day before Thanksgiving; spaces are available. But if an open space isn’t thisclose to somebody’s destination, they feel compelled to block fire zones, ignore civil rules, and generally get my panties in a knot.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Maybe because it doesn't say "No Parking" this moron thought it was ok to park there? Maybe this moron thought, "Nice, 24 hour towing service if my car breaks down!"? Or better yet, "If i back in, I can claim I didn't see the sign and therefore won't get in trouble."

Just my thoughts...