15 November 2007

This One Takes the Cake

Many thanks to Julie for inspiring today’s post. As the day is drawing to a close, my mind begins to wander from my work and I decide to check my personal email. Very few forwards in the form of jokes, anonymous terror threats, heartfelt stories with pictures of kitty cats, or pass-this-on-to-8-people-or-die chain letters, get forwarded from my email, let alone read or considered; however, I cackled out loud at this prized nugget.

Keep in mind this actually really did happen! This is someone who was moving from an insurance claims office.
Okay so this is how I imagine this conversation went:
Walmart Employee: "Hello 'dis Walmarts, how can I help you?"
Customer: "I would like to order a cake for a going away party this week."
Walmart Employee: "What you want on the cake?"
Customer: "Best Wishes Suzanne" and underneath that "We will miss you."

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Best part is that "underneath" is spelled on the cake in two words... oh and that "neat" is not a word.

Jodi said...

That is hilarious! It reminds me of the time when I was getting Bryan's wedding ring engraved with "The One" and our wedding date. However, I told them to seperate each so one was on one side and the other on the other side. When I picked up the ring it said "Seperate Each".

chiggidy said...

Seriously - were they in Brooklyn? Or the Bronx?