30 January 2008

When Nature Calls

When women talk on their cell phone in the bathroom stall I find it disgusting and rude. Not only is it rude to the person on the other end of the call but it is rude to me, since I am trying to do my business in peace. And I shouldn’t even have to explain why it is disgusting. Who is so busy or important that they can’t take two minutes to hang up a call to use the restroom?

As a general practice I do a few things when I hear a woman talking on her phone in the bathroom. I try to slam the stall door as loudly as possible in order to create noise. I flush the toilet as many times as possible also to create noise but more importantly to convey to the caller on the line that this woman is in fact, in the bathroom. And I try to make those toilet seat covers be as annoyingly crinkly as I can.

Today I went into the restroom and heard a woman on her cell phone. So I did all the aforementioned activities. After entering the stall I immediately flushed the toilet. She left her stall and walked into the hall with her phone call. Not only did she neglect to wash her hands but she didn’t FLUSH. What the hell is wrong with people?

After I finished and washed my hands I walked around the halls looking for her. I am in the mood today to give somebody a piece of my mind and she is the most deserving. I swear on my life, if I ever find out who she is, she’s getting a swirly.

4 comments:

Beau Sorensen said...

I notice how it's okay for men to do it. That makes me glad.

Mar said...

Sorry, Beau. It's disgusting no matter your gender--and I know men that will back that up.

Natalie said...

Crying! Too funny. And yes, I can totally see you doing all that and thinking, "take that!"

gurrbonzo said...

I flush as much as possible when someone else is on the phone, too...I can't help it. We're helping them by reminding those they speak with that they're gross.