08 April 2008

Those Selfish Babies!

Today, while having my blood pressure taken at the baby doctor, the nurse said, “The doctor had to go to the hospital.” She had a delivery and a C-section and they weren’t sure when she would be back. I could either wait or reschedule. Neither option was my favorite but I decided to wait it out and read Pregnancy magazine (which is not that great) to pass the time. If she didn’t show within 30 minutes or so, I would reschedule and head back to work.

Another mom-to-be wasn’t so into just biding her time while the doctor delivered some petty little baby and performed a C-section with bad timing. Oh no. She was up in arms that the doctor would go away and ditch her appointments.

“This happened to me the last time I was here,” she complained to the receptionist.

Guess what? It happened to me that last time I was here too, but I dealt with it.

“Last time I waited THREE hours for her to come back. I run a business and it’s hard enough to schedule these appointments and then have to leave my business for three hours to come wait around for the doctor.”

I understand her pregnant rage. But seriously, who the hell does she think she is?

I suppose the selfish babies that decided to join the world on this day are not as important as her regular checkup at the baby doctor. I also suppose that she will lecture her baby in the same manner that she did the receptionist. “I have been nursing you for ONE hour now. I run a business and it’s hard enough to schedule your feedings but to nurse for ONE WHOLE hour is unacceptable.”

Sometimes I think women should reconsider before they decide it’s time to have kids.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Let's just make sure that when that lady has HER baby, you throw a toddler fit and demand Crazy May (for those who don't know, that's our OB) to be at YOUR appointment, just like she's doing. That lady will be so sad that no doctor is there to deliver her baby. Sorry sassy pants!

Natalie said...

So, in this story, is it really you that yelled at the poor nurse? And now, you feel so bad that you made up a pseudo woman to tell this sad tale?

Mar said...

Shockingly enough, it wasn't I that yelled at the nurse. I was calm and happy because I was missing work.

gurrbonzo said...

Bwahaha! Those damn baby doctors, delivering babies. The nerve! It's all about CONVENIENCE, America, CONVENIENCE. How about drive-thru appts? That lady would obviously prefer to get a vag exam without getting out of the car.

Stephanie said...

i grumble at these people... that poor person who had to deal with her.....