28 May 2008

"Cartoon Character on Line 2 For You"

Nobody at work reads my blog. I keep it a secret. I don’t know them well enough or trust them to just hand out my blog URL. I guess they might find out and I could get “dooced” but I am outta here in roughly six weeks (hopefully fewer). Anyway…

There is a man that frequently calls to discuss projects with one of our project managers and when she is unavailable the receptionist pages her. The caller’s name is Buster and he happens to work for the Acme Co. Ok, Buster from Acme. Is this dude from Toontown? “Buster from Acme is on the phone for you. He and Wyle E. Coyote will be dropping off those sticks of dynamite you ordered.”

I see two issues here:
1) Who names their kid Buster (besides the Bluths)? Enough said.

2) Who names a company Acme? Wikipedia defines the Acme Corporation thusly:

“The Acme Corporation is a fictional corporation that exists in several cartoons…most significantly in the Loony Toons…which made Acme famous for outlandish and downright dangerous products that failed catastrophically at the worst possible times.”

Because every real company name should be associated with something that makes “products that fail catastrophically at the worst possible times.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! I love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shawn, Em, Spencer and Ty said...

Ok that is funny. I am going to have to agree on the Buster thing. I mean really! Thanks for sharing your wit Mar!

H&HJohnsen said...

I can't stop laughing. You are soo funny. I would love to work with you just to hear all the comments you have. Love, Heather