19 June 2008

976-CHAT Single and Ready to Mingle, Even at Age 12

When I was about 12 or so, my parents trusted me to stay home alone with my younger sister and have two friends over...what were they thinking? We called the 976-CHAT singles' line for fun and told people we were 35 because 35 sounded old and mature. Now it just sounds desperate to be calling a singles’ line. We thought nobody would find out until my dad got the phone bill for 99 cents a minute at 60 minutes. Needless to say, the friends' parents got a phone call and we split the bill between my friends, my sister, and me.

The lessons I learned are that you can’t hide bad things you do from your parents and you can meet special people via modern technology. Take it from the girl who met her man on the internets.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I was thinking about that the other day! I remember the phone we used in mom's room. Leah was dialing numbers on the phone (not pushing talk, but just dialing) and I was taken back to that day when we got caught. We were so naive. That was a funny experience, despite the talk we had to have with mom and dad.

Natalie said...

I would call 1.234.456.7890 all the time when i was young. I can't remember what it went to, but I think it was people speaking in Chinese. Ah, good times.

Anonymous said...

never saw such befor... [url=http://moourl.com/vkj4x]Beautifull.[/url]

Can u be of help one more and i get pics unlocked