17 September 2008

I Love You, Netflix


Due to my inability to stay awake for an entire movie, Ben and I have resorted to ordering season after season of a variety of TV shows from Netflix to watch at night. Netflix is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Ok, not true but it gets us through the dry season of no episodes of The Office, The Biggest Loser, Survivor, or the Amazing Race (which all start/ed this month). All of the laziness-inducing goodness that is Netflix is like a natural high. Every evening we run to the mailbox, eager to see what the postman has delivered to us. It's like Christmas morning seeing a large haul of presents under the tree. We can't help but cheer a little and say, with a twinkle in our eye, "Yes!" upon retrieving the post and seeing the friendly red and white Netflix envelope there to greet us. It's as if it is saying, "Hello there. Just put the baby to bed and then you can drift into mind-numbing TV-land for the next three hours." Netflix, I love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try out FeedFlix.com - it's a free service for Netflixers that will both allow you to share your Netflix data as well as see how well you are using your membership

Unknown said...

Hello,

My name is Nancy Macdonald. I'm a reporter with Maclean's magazine. We're a Canadian weekly magazine, similar to Time or Newsweek.



I'm writing a story about acid reflux in babies. The incidence is on the rise, and we're looking at how to diagnose it, and how to treat it. I came across your blog while doing research for the story. I'm hoping to speak to moms and dads about the experience. I wonder whether you might be interested in speaking with me?

I can be reached at: nancy.macdonald@macleans.rogers.com

Best,
Nancy

Shawn, Em, Spencer and Ty said...

That is a great advertisement for netflix! You made me want to go out and get it!

gurrbonzo said...

Dear Marianne,

Did you die???

love,
the Internet.