03 January 2010

Is This Thing On?

I know you haven't heard from Mar and her Musings in a while and you wonder, "Why?" "Where did she go?" "Did she choke on one of her Chicken Mar-Nuggets?" "Is she still musing?" That's all part of the mystery, my dear readers (if I have readers anymore). Mystery and the fact that when I had free time at work, I wanted to blog. When I have free time during stay-at-home motherhood, I want to nap. Blogging has taken a grim backseat to napping and I'm not afraid to write it publicly.

Recently, as in tonight, my 7-year-old nephew said, "Mar, I read your website. When are you going to update it?" It was akin to the moment when little Cindy Lou Who says to The Grinch, "Santy Claus, why are you taking our Christmas tree? Why?" My nephew's big brown eyes looked so inquisitive and desirous for more to read. So many thoughts began to develop in my head. "Does it bother him (or his parents) that I say damn and hell occasionally?" "Does a 7-year-old get my jokes?" "Is a 7-year-old the only one reading this thing anymore?"

Then in the car Ben said, "You really should update your blog." And since I do everything Ben tells me to do...psh! Let the musing resume:

While visiting at my parents' house tonight, we had a small discussion about the Susan Powell stories in the news. And either Ben or I said something about how she "went missing" and everybody freaked about why one would say "went missing" rather than "is missing." I don't know that answer but I am always curious about the origin of words so I googled* "went missing vs. is missing." I don't really care that "went missing" is more correct than "is missing," according to the site I found, and I don't even want to try to explain where it came from but I found a great grammar site that I can't wait to frequent. So here it is. Enjoy!

*Just yesterday I was driving by the Ski 'n See on 7200 S. and 1300 E. and thought about where the word google came from and why the search engine is called Google. I've known it's origin for a long time but it just cropped up in there and I thought about it. Also, when I have random thoughts like that I always remember where I was when I had them, like driving past Ski 'n See.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Yea, I thought you died or something. Glad you know you are alive and that you are submissive to your husband. Do you watch Mad Men btw?

p.s. I'm still pissed Natalie won Survivor. The only positive about it was that she has an awesome name.

marissa moss said...

i´m here and reading :)

Gates Family said...

Mar, thanks for updating. I'll be sure to let Spencer know that you were pushed by his inquiry (I won't tell him it was Ben really). He thinks you're so funny and so do I by the way. Thanks!

JustMe said...

Thanks! Because I've missed your wit.

Carly said...

Glad you are back. I just thought you were probably too cool to blog. What a relief to know that you aren't! :)

WonderKitty said...

Glad to see you back Mar. I actually have not been here in about a year. So I had lots of posts to catch up on! I hope the posting is more frequent, I really enjoy your stuff!

chiggidy said...

Welcome back, hussy.

I'm glad that it was Spencer and Ben that pushed you back into blogging. Geez, what am I? Chopped liver?

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/6-penyebab-penuaan-dini-pada-wajah