26 June 2007

The Piano Man is a Guilty Pleasure--Is that so Bad?


I called a friend the other day and was pleasantly surprised to hear that she has one of those phones where the caller hears music until the "call-ee" answers the phone. Lovely! As I was treated to Only the Good Die Young by Billy Joel, I thought, "I haven't heard this forever--and I love it!

Inspired by such a delight, I whipped out my 2-disc Billy Joel's Greatest Hits album and sang like an 80's rock star. Unabashed and unrestrained, I let my pipes go to songs such as Uptown Girl and Tell Her About It. The issue here is, would I have done that with somebody else in the car? Or even with the windows down? Uh...no.

I guess I would consider Billy Joel tunes to be a definite guilty pleasure only to be shared with my sisters. Julie used to have the Greatest Hits tape and, due to the inability to just skip a track, we knew every word to every song.

Many thanks to the Piano Man for sharing Scenes From an Italian Restaurant and making it undeniably clear that We Didn't Start the Fire.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Oh i hate it when people have "ring back" tones. They annoy me. And, if the song is annoying, it gets stuck in my head all day. I JUST WANT TO HEAR RINGING!!!

Anyway, it is good for us to admit some of our guilty pleasure. You should dedicate a whole blog entry to them - just like I did.