Rest assured that she is pretty much the cutest baby I have ever seen and it still seems surreal that I have a baby complete with a car seat, the good baby smell, and crying in the middle of the night.
And now, on to other things I have learned this week:
- I can and did take a lot of pain during my labor until I got my meds, but all you natural birthers out there are tough.
- Having a baby will lower your standards of cleanliness significantly but hopefully only for a little while.
- There really isn't time to shower, at least in the beginning. I never got why the mothers on the TLC reality makeover shows never had time to get ready but now I see why. I eventually squeeze mine in but here I am at 9pm and I just got out of the shower. Much like Number 1 above, I assume it will only be this way for a little while.
- I never thought I would be excited to see so many poopy diapers in my life. Apparently, poop means she's well-fed.
- Not every woman can lactate and don't let the Lactation Station make you feel bad if you can't.
- Birth is the coolest experience ever.
- I'm an overly protective parent but I also assume that will mellow out.
- My husband makes up words to lullabies because he knows absolutely no lyrics to any song ever written.
- Powdered milk and other mixed drinks are really expensive during your first year of life.
- I am actually proud to walk around the block pushing a baby stroller. I can't believe I would ever say/admit that. But here I am.