19 March 2008

Damn You, Girl Scouts!

As a general rule in the past, I have steered clear of the Girl Scout cookies. Tendencies to pull a “Cookie Monster” and start eating them like crazy with crumbs flying around are the reason I have foregone the Tagalongs, Samoas, and Thin Mints in recent years. When confronted to purchase at the entrance to Albertson’s, I politely said no. When offered a cookie by a co-worker who did purchase, I declined. When I saw the Girl Scout Cookie ice cream at the store, I purchased fat free sorbet instead.

This year, however, is different. I find myself with another life inside of me and apparently a whole new outlook on what I am willing to shove into my face. Not having any co-workers with girls in the ranks this year, I was never solicited to purchase; therefore, in my ignorance, missed Cookie Purchasing Season.

Last week Ben casually mentioned that he had ordered a box of Tagalongs and a box of Thin Mints from somebody’s daughter at work. YAY! I love a man that can bring home the cookies. In the next breath he says, “But she marked me down for two boxes of Trefoils instead.” What the hell? Not only will I not be getting any Samoas, Tagalongs, or Thin Mints this year but she brought him the crappiest Girl Scout Cookie there is. Shortbread? Who would eat shortbread when there was coconut, caramel, chocolate or possibly peanut butter in the mix? He gave them away at work because neither of us would waste our time eating them.

Needless to say this Girl Scout Cookie drought is not treating me or my pregnant hormonal rage very well.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I ate an entire box of Tagalongs in 24 hours... this happened yesterday.

Embrace it lady. You're pregnant. You have an excuse.

I, on the other hand, have no excuse. I am just a pig.

chiggidy said...

Listen up. Trefoils are great. I LOVE shortbread.

However, my favorites are Tagalongs. I also ate 1 box in about 15 minutes, which I when I had to walk away before going onto my second box.

Did I mention that I bought SEVEN (yes, 7.) boxes of Girl Scout cookies this year?

I have a problem.