08 May 2008

Apocalypse Now...er at 5pm

About a week ago, a person* I know of told some other people** I know very well that the Apocalypse will occur at 5pm today. Ben and I have some food storage and enough fresh water for 72 hours packed into our more than at-capacity condo so I am feeling pretty prepared. I also have a Gerber multi-tool that my live-in Scout Master told me to buy so I am hoping that I might get to use it.

BUT SERIOUSLY! She claims that it was “revealed” to her through some higher power that the world will come to an end at 5:00 pm on May 8, 2008. Maybe it’s a numbers thing. At 5pm, the 5th month, the 8th day, and the 8th year of this millennium. It totally makes sense. In that case, depending upon your spiritual outlook or otherwise you will either want to get on your knees and cry repentance or eat, drink, and be merry for at 5pm we die.

*I know of her; I don’t even consider her an acquaintance.
**Names of those I know very well have been withheld, just in case. (In case of what?)

7 comments:

Forro said...

This prediction was also made by the same person who has been telling me that a pandemic can be expected in the next 60 days, he has been saying that about once a month for the past year.

Jen said...

I find this all very interesting. I went to Costco today to pick up some essentials. Since we have been battling diarrhea and vomiting the last few weeks we have quickly cruised through our supply of rice. (We were all on the B.R.A.T. diet - bananas, rice, applesauce, toast.) I went looking down the usual aisles to find rice and couldn't find it. To my dismay I had to ask someone. She said "Oh, it's up front . . .if there's any left." Now my knowledge of Costco may be small, but I do know that they often put things up front that are on sale or are a hot item (ie. Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, bikes, swimsuits). I proceed to the front of the warehouse and see that there are buckets of wheat in two separate places and a place where the rice used to be. Above the wheat buckets there was a sign that said "10 Bucket Limit Per Customer." What? Did I miss the prediction? I guess everyone else heard about it too, including Costco. They were selling wheat and rice like no tomorrow . . .literally. And while I was checking out I asked the checker about the big bags of rice and he said "Oh, they used to be right there (pointing to the empty pallets) so I guess they're gone." The guy packing my goods back into my cart pointed out to the checker that there was a lady stacking her flatbed cart with more buckets, and he had just seen her previously checking out with ten buckets. She knew! BUSTED!

Mar said...

Ah yes, the rice shortage...haven't you heard? I guess the BRAT diet has kept you sheltered from such bad news.

Beau Sorensen said...

She'll take credit for the Great Famine of 08 too (i.e. higher food prices), because she had a famine revealed to her by God too. Oh, and are you sure you don't know her? Weren't you part of the CERT class with Ben that she was in and isn't she your stake's emergency prep person? I only ask, as I'm the people you know well.

Mar said...

She was in the class and I don't think she's even in our stake. Anyway, I don't think she knows me from Eve. But she has probably seen Eve in vision too.

Mar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

The world didn't end for me. Did it end for you?